Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Infill Element

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
KarenLBR
496 Views, 9 Replies

Missing Infill Element

Hello.

I've got an 'interesting' quirk occurring when I try to demolish an existing door as part of the New Construction Phase. I'm using Revit Light 2023.

DemolitionPlan.jpg

When I select the appropriate phasing instruction to demolish the door, I do not get an infill element and I'm left with a hole in the wall.  I do not have this issue when I demolish an adjacent window. 

ElevationHole.jpg

The original wall has two layers of masonry, one block and one brick. On the off chance this is an issue between the wall build up, I have changed this to a single skin of brick to the same thickness and I get the same issue.

SingleLayerWallPlan.jpg     DoubleLayerWallPlan.jpg

The same door model is in other locations in the model (solid masonry walls) and I do not have this issue. 

For my current presentation I can 'patch' with annotation fill regions, but this is clearly not a permanent, good long term solution! Any advice welcome.

Many thanks

Labels (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: KarenLBR

Does the door have a void instead of a cut opening?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
KarenLBR
in reply to: ToanDN

Good thought @ToanDN but no.

I've just checked to be certain.

Message 4 of 10
ToanDN

Do you see the infill in a 3d view, phase = new, phase filter = show complete?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
KarenLBR
in reply to: ToanDN

Sadly not. Just a hole in the building... whereas the adjacent window has been filled in as should be expected.

3-Dcomplete.jpg

3Dexisting.jpg (existing pre-demolition image for comparison)

Message 6 of 10
barthbradley

Try the Pick Primary Host Tool.

Pick Primary Host2.png 

Message 7 of 10
KarenLBR

Aha!

Thanks @barthbradley . I didn't have the 'pick primary host' tool option. However, I did pick new host. Positioning the door in the same wall in the same spot has now worked! 

Thanks both for your help.

Message 8 of 10
barthbradley

Sounds like I was right-thinking.  Re-hosting fixed the problem.  Glad I could point to in the right direction.  Credit would have been nice, but I'll take the lump.  

Have a good one.  

Message 9 of 10
KarenLBR

Sorry @barthbradley , I thought I had accepted your reply instead of my own - certainly your direction was crucial.  Now corrected. 

Message 10 of 10
barthbradley

Thanks. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators