Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing colors Revit - Inventor

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jedrzej_fiszerMMJKW
354 Views, 8 Replies

Missing colors Revit - Inventor

Hi,

When opening .rvt files in Inventor, models lose overwritten colors.

Is it possible to have these colors preserved?
If so, in what way?

Thank you.

FJ

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Are you saying you want the Revit Model Views' Visibility/Graphic Overrides carried over?  Explain how that would work.  

Message 3 of 9

What I mean is that I have a 3D view saved in Revit in which the materials and correct colors are given. When opening the .rvt file in Inventor, I get gray models.

Message 4 of 9

Share the ADSKLIB and Material Images/Textures.  

Help | Share Materials and Material Libraries | Autodesk

Have you tried eTransmit?  Might make it easier to package up the whole enchilada into one transmittal.

Help | eTransmit for Revit | Autodesk

Message 5 of 9

Below I am sending screen shots of what it looks like. Is there anything that can be done to automatically have these materials and colors go into Inventor, without having to manually color all the model elements?

3.png

2.png

1.png

   

Message 6 of 9

Those colors are likely applied to the 3D View via View Visibility/Graphics Overrides and have nothing to do with ADSKLIB Materials.  But regarding transferring Materials, I have already spoken to that above, as well as linked you to "official" Autodesk information on the subject. 

Are you not able to open the RVT directly?  Is that what the issue is?  

Message 7 of 9

The colors are given through the material in the library. I created some new materials with the correct colors and assigned them in the 3D model (this is shown in the screenshot). These are not the colors assigned in the 3D view in the View tab.

I open the .rvt file in Inventor directly. I also tried with eTransmit to generate a package for myself and open it.

What you posted above, I exported myself a sample .adsklib file from Revit that contained these materials and downloaded it into Inventor before firing up the .rvt file.

Still no solution.

Message 8 of 9

If you can you post the RVT here, I can look and see.  

Message 9 of 9

Here you go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators