Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1027 Views, 3 Replies

Material issue

How do I duplicate materials so that the separate out from the old material? Right now when I change material on one wall type it automatically changes materials on a different wall type.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Redrunner92
in reply to: Anonymous

When you duplicate a material in the Material Browser, the items under the Appearance tab stay connected to each other. To disconnect them you must create a new set of properties under the Appearance tab. To do so, when your new material is selected, click the button that looks like two overlapping pages, which is the "Duplicates this asset" button. Then type a new name, something which is not already used in your Materials library. After you type this new name, the new Appearance properties will no longer be connected to the original material's Appearance properties.

Materials assets.png

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Redrunner92

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
Redrunner92
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous, would you please click the button "Accept as Solution" below my response above? This is how we keep track of issues that have been resolved. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators