Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Floor Parameter from parent

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dgoff96
677 Views, 8 Replies

Mass Floor Parameter from parent

Hi Everyone,

I'm working with masses and mass floors for some area schedules. I have come across these parameters for Mass Floors which are super helpful

Capture.JPG

They read information from the mass floors' parent mass. I'm wondering if it's possible to create more of these? My Masses have a lot of project parameters, which I would like to be able to pass on to the mass floors. Is this possible?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: dgoff96

Yes, you can add Parameters to Mass Families (In-Place or Loadable) through the Family Types dialog box.   

FT.jpg

Message 3 of 9
barthbradley

FT2.jpg

Message 4 of 9
dgoff96
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi @barthbradley , I have tried that, and it doesn't achieve what I'm looking for. What I'm trying to do is add a parameter to Mass Floors that reads a value from the Mass Floor's Parent Mass. There are a few built-in parameters that do this already (ie. the "Comments" Parameter on a Mass). When I enter a value under "Comments" On this mass...

dgoff96_0-1602285243503.png

That value trickles through to all of the Mass Floors associated with that mass automatically

dgoff96_1-1602285333356.png

I want to know how to create a parameter that behaves like that. I can use the built in parameters for now, but if I run out of built-in parameters, I want to be able to make my own

Message 5 of 9
barthbradley

You can create Project Parameters for Mass Floors.  

Message 6 of 9
barthbradley

Mass Floor.jpg

Message 7 of 9
dgoff96
in reply to: barthbradley

I know, that's what I have been trying. You can do it this way, but you still have to manually input the values for every mass floor. But So far I haven't found a way to make a project parameter that can read information from the Mass FLoor's Parent mass the way I described above. I want to be able to assign it to the parent mass and have it automatically apply to the associated mass floors

Message 8 of 9
barthbradley

Let me examine your file. Post it here.  

Message 9 of 9

what about using Shared Parameters?

Image 1.png

Create, first, the Shared Parameter in Mass Edit Mode

Image 2.png

and then in Project :Manage >Settings >Project Parameters, Add the shared parameter previously created

Image 6.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators