Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a Keynote Symbol Leader Work Like a Tag/Text Leader

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
EdynM
2187 Views, 30 Replies

Making a Keynote Symbol Leader Work Like a Tag/Text Leader

For keynotes on Construction Documents, our firm uses Symbols (Generic Annotations) for simple callouts. These are connected to a schedule to display what each number represents. This seems like standard practice for many firms. However, I've noticed when placing these Keynote Symbols, the leaders are placed in a default position next to the symbol (like below). Is there a way to edit the Generic Annotation Family or set up the Keynotes in a different way so we still have the freedom to place them without a direct reference, but the placement starts with the end of the leader, then the elbow, then the location of the symbol, much like a Detail Tag?

emccartySPZK4_0-1671044360575.png

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
EdynM
in reply to: barthbradley

Sorry for the confusion. I looked at both the links you sent, but that process is using the same method of leader placement as the original family. (The leader starts as a straight line and the user has to manually move the control points like the video creator does from 2:06 - 2:21).

Referencing back to my original question, I am looking for a way to place the leader like a detail tag (shown in this clip: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxxyXoZ6eRrIgcpoE2fIfvbOFK5AOOk4sL) without losing the functionality across different object types.

Message 22 of 31
barthbradley
in reply to: EdynM

I've already answered that question and told you how. Make the GA Family a TAG Family. But that's not what you want do. You want to use the Family for Notes; right? 

Message 23 of 31
EdynM

That is why I asked what type of Tag Family you changed it to. I want to use this family for notes, but I want the leader to have the functionality of the Tags.

Message 24 of 31
ToanDN

Use an actual keynote will give you the sequence you like and the flexibility of a generic annotation (nearly).

Message 25 of 31
EdynM
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks ToanDN. Is there a way to make the keynote display a number and link to a noteblock I set up?

Message 26 of 31
barthbradley

No, but you can edit your Keynote File in a Text Editor (e.g. Excel, Notepad) and add your notes to it and create a Keynote Legend. Interested? 

Message 27 of 31
ToanDN

@EdynM wrote:

Thanks ToanDN. Is there a way to make the keynote display a number and link to a noteblock I set up?

You would not use a Noteblock, but a Keynote Legend to schedule the keynotes.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Revit-D...

Message 28 of 31
barthbradley

There's also Add-ins that can assist. Go to the App Store and do a search.  

Here's one:

Keynote Manager + | Revit | Autodesk App Store

Message 29 of 31
EdynM

@ToanDN @barthbradley Would the keynote legend be attached to the family? I will need separate legends for different sheets.

Message 30 of 31
barthbradley

Sure. Keynote is an in-built Type Parameter under Identity Data. Keynotes can be by Element, by Material or by User.  Very flexible. 

Just to be clear: Keynote Legend is in the Project. 

Message 31 of 31
ToanDN

Yes.  Read the link that I sent earlier for a starting point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report