Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make all mullions continuous

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
S.Reise
828 Views, 3 Replies

Make all mullions continuous

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can make all the mullions continuous? I have a fairly complex curtain wall and I need to model it for renders, so I made the curtain wall with a 10x10cm grid and then modified the mullions, so they have an offset so it shows how it will be built, the problem is that it cuts the horizontal mullions, and I need them all to continue.

I really want to avoid making two walls because I have several walls like this and for changes later it will be very complicated.

Screenshot 2023-09-22 115355.png

Screenshot 2023-09-22 115655.png

Screenshot 2023-09-22 115412.png

  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: S.Reise

If the grid is not angled, then you can create a curtain wall with only vertical mullion and use a curtain wall type with only horizontal mullions for the panels.  

ToanDN_0-1695411068164.png

They don't work well when the grid is angled though.  In such case, using two separate curtain walls is the simplest way.  Or you can eliminate all mullions and build mullions in a custom panel family instead.

Message 3 of 4
syman2000

These type of condition requires custom curtainwall panel and not using mullion. See attached

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 4
S.Reise

Thanks to both of you for helping me! really appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report