Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower level bleed through

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dgizzim0
374 Views, 4 Replies

Lower level bleed through

I have my view range set all to associated level +6,+4,-2,-2. The reason for the _2 is so I can show the concrete beams supporting the elevated slab. For some reason on level 7, I see the slab from level 6. There is no underlay and as you can tell from the first line, my views are set just fine. My browser is set to phases and my phase filter is set to complete, where I prefer.

I've experienced this before. What's this quirk all about?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alan.quinn
in reply to: dgizzim0

Any number of things could be causing this. Try the following.

If it works on other view create a view template in another view and apply it here.

Any plan regions in the view that are hidden, but showing the slab?

Make sure you don’t that a view template turned on.

Make sure you are not hiding the slab in other view and you forgot to in this one and that’s why it’s showing up.

Any filters on the other view that a hiding the slab?

Any filters on this view that is showing the slab?

Is the slab in a linked file?

If so is the linked turned on in this view and not others?

Is the slab hidden in the link, and not in this view?

Hope some of the above helps and thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 5
dgizzim0
in reply to: alan.quinn

In my 12 story concrete structure, only level 7 has the issue. All levels are set exactly the same. Each one is a different phase. The floors are 15 feet appart and my view bottom and depth is set to -4 so I can see the slab and beams supporting the slab.

No filters, no links, identical view templates as other "good" floors.

Level 7 shows level 6 below. As a bandage, I hid the floor below in this view, but this should be automatic and not manual.

Message 4 of 5
alan.quinn
in reply to: dgizzim0

Since its only one of twelve it may be a corrupt view. Can you re-create the view? If so does the new one exhibit the same issue? How big is the file? Was it upgraded from a previous version? Do you have other graphic issues with it? Are you survey and project point within ten miles of each other? Do you have elements in the project that are really far away from the main part of the model? All the above will cause graphic issues and I have seen such issue associated with a single view. 

Let me know if any of the above helps.

Message 5 of 5
dgizzim0
in reply to: alan.quinn

Got it. So there are such things as corrupt views. Everything seems normal except for the bleed through. I will leave it as is. My quick fix was to hide the objects. However, it has caused problems dimensioning...to the wrong floor.

thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators