Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for user input

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
223 Views, 1 Reply

Looking for user input

We want to hear your input.  

We are looking to gather insight into how people use various Autodesk applications and their thoughts on graphic related workflows within the the new Autodesk suites.  We’d love to contact a few of you for an informal discussion.  If you are interested in sharing your opinions with us, please respond privately to me and tell us a little about yourself.  

Thanks for your time!  We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Sean Kilbride

Techinical Marketing Manager, NVIDIA 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Sean,

It would be really great if Revit could use GPU cores (cuda technology, etc.) with its Mental Ray rendering platform.

Currently I don't think Revit uses the GPU at all when rendering and relies on CPU cores and RAM when processing

and calculating during the render.

GPU rendering really seems to be taking over the CG world--ala TwinMotion, Lumion, I-Ray, etc.

We would use Revit to render much more if it could use GPU and reduce frame times from 1-10 minutes down to

seconds or less. Now, we export via FBX and bring into 3dsMaxDesign to do hi-end renderings and animations.

We'd rather stay in Revit if possible.

cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report