Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked view not displaying correctly in 3D camera View

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1959 Views, 9 Replies

Linked view not displaying correctly in 3D camera View

Hi everyone, I've recently made a large file that has other smaller files linked into it. For this model I espcially need the plans and 3D views but for some of the revit links I need to filter out part of the model. I've made custom views in 3d and plan in the revit links themselves so I can create view templates that have linked views set in the display setting for certain instances. I did this yesterday and everything was working fine and displaying as expected but when I've come back to it today the view template settings aren't working for the 3d view (but are for the plan) and if I unasign the view template and try and edit the visibilty/graphic settings directly the by linked view display setting is now greyed out. Any help would be really appreciated  

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The linked view settings are greyed out by default if the link is set to display by linked view.  You need to set it to custom to change them.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Even on changing the overall revit link display setting to custom the instance options still stay greyed out for by linked view

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

To be honest even if I go to custom and try and choose a linked view from the linked view drop down its now not displaying any linked views at all

Message 5 of 10
hmunsell

do you still have the View template applied? if a VT is applied to a view any category that has Include checked (on the right column) will be grayed out in the view settings. set the View template to <None> and see if there still grayed out.

also, something to remember about VT's is that applying different VT's dose not necessarily undo a previous VT setting. if the include is checked in one VT but not another, it will not "reset it" when its applied.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: hmunsell

So I've tried unasigning the view template (none showing in identity data for the view) and this is when the option by linked view for revit links is greyed out. With the view template applied I can set a linked view but there is no change in the viewport

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Hello,

I have a linked revit file and when I create a new camera view the linked file is not showing up. I opened the visibility / graphic display box, selected the revit link tab and custom display setting. But I can't select "by linked view" option. Only by host view and custom view options are allowed to be selected and the linked view is still hidden. I don't know what to do

Thanks

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

How do you do that?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

@Anonymous I found the area to select, see attached imageby linked view.PNG

Message 10 of 10
ccabralS4X5J

I know this post is a few years old, however I am experiencing the same issue (in Revit 2020). The 3D view in the host model will only allow "by linked view" when the host 3D view is set to Orthographic. When I switch the host view to Perspective, "by linked view" greys out. When I assign the host perspective view a template which is set to "by linked view", it is not grayed out, but the perspective view does not reflect the "by linked view" settings that are assigned in the template (it does show correctly for a host orthographic view assigned to the same template). I don't have the solution, but I think I know the problem lol - orthographic vs perspective views. - "by linked view" is working in orthographic, but not in perspective. Still seeking a solution if there is one. 🙂

edit: the linked view I was using in "by linked view" was orthographic. I made a perspective view in the linked model, and now the "by linked view" in the host perspective is not greyed out. Also, the only option in the drop down is the perspective view I just made. Hope this helps anyone else stumbling on this old thread. to sum it up, if your host 3D view is a perspective, you will need a perspective view in the linked model to link to, likewise for orthographic. The view type has to match.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report