Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting Fixtures

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
246 Views, 1 Reply

Lighting Fixtures

hi There,

I am struggling with lighting fixtures while rendering.  I wonder if anyone has any good tips on how to choose the correct fixtures, or how to adjust them correctly Eg. how to ensure the angle is correct for a spot light so that the light hits the correct item etc.

Just looking for any good resources to help me understanding lighting and adjustments of same for rendering purposes.  I am spending alot of wasted time via trial and error.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fabiosato
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

First check Light Source in the properties.

Select the yellow mark and select the Light Source shape.

Then in the Family Type in the Photometrics you will have the settings parameters, they will vary according to the shape selected.

Regarding to spot shape, you have the following angles?

-Spot Beam Angle - is the angle formed by the two inner lines, they specify the angle that will get the most of the light.

-Spot Field Angle - is the wider angle, defines the angle of the cone that will get light.

- Tilt Angle - is the angle formed with the plane parallel to the reference level, this is the trick, downwards is 90 degrees, to the sides is 0 or 180, upwards is -90.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators