Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining wall with cap to floor issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
martinNCGR6
291 Views, 4 Replies

Joining wall with cap to floor issue

I have a foundation wall with a 2x10 plate on it. I would like to join the wall to the floor above, but since the sweep is not treated as a wall it won't join properly. I would like to join them together so the linework makes sense. 

So my question is, what is the most intuitive way to show a plate on a foundation wall for a construction set? Considering the sweep is not working. 

EDIT: to clarify, when I say it won't join properly I mean the thick line wraps around the foundation wall and not the sweep. Ideally I would like the thick line to wrap around both (except for the join condition with the floor above. 

Also, for those with experience. Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way. I thought showing plate's in construction drawings (1/4"=1') would be useful information. Do others also do this? Or only show it in detail?

Screenshot 2023-03-20 164612.png

Screenshot 2023-03-20 164244.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: martinNCGR6

- Stacked wall

ToanDN_0-1679346819772.png

- Wall sweep (placed manually)

- Structural framing

Message 3 of 5
martinNCGR6
in reply to: ToanDN

sigh, ok. Yeah I knew about these but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks.

In your experience do you even show plates in a 1/4"=1' construction set? Perhaps I'm overcomplicating the drawings.
Message 4 of 5
martinNCGR6
in reply to: ToanDN

Oh! I did learn something. I didn't know I could switch the variable part of a stacked wall. Which is why I didn't like it as a solution before.
Thanks for making this known to me
Message 5 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: martinNCGR6

@martinNCGR6 wrote:
In your experience do you even show plates in a 1/4"=1' construction set? 

No, that level of details is taken care of by typical details.  But every firm is different.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report