Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining slabs together

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
parkside125
935 Views, 7 Replies

Joining slabs together

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there's a way to 'join' slabs together seamlessly. The thinner lines are separate slabs that have been modelled. When I join them I can still see a thin line running through. I've tried changing the lineweight to invisible but that doesn't really help. 

phanj_2-1634775107338.png

Labels (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: parkside125

the line must be coming from something else.  You're not in Wireframe; are you?  

Message 3 of 8
parkside125
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks for replying. No, I'm in hidden line mode 

Message 4 of 8
barthbradley

if the 2 slabs are joined - and they are the same material - then you shouldn't be seeing any linework at the union. Isolate the slabs in the View.  See any linework?  

Message 5 of 8
parkside125
in reply to: barthbradley

They are the same material but still not joining up properly 

phanj_1-1634779474622.png

Message 6 of 8
barthbradley

That's what you see when the 2 slabs are isolated in the View?  They're System Families? Not In-Place?  

Message 7 of 8
BIM-CONG

I see there are three elements in the isolated view you posted, whether you forget to modify the material of  the thicker floor which joined with the others? 

You can copy the elements into a new file and attach it here, so we can test it further.

CONG XU
您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。
您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

- BIM THE FUTURE - 
Message 8 of 8
RDAOU

@parkside125 

Floor elements do not always clean join. There are various situations where they do leave that hairline joint even if they are of the same material.

There are several ways to workaround that to get a clean join but since you have solved your case you should be all good to go

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators