Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With Loading Door Families: Revit Tutorials Part 6

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
liz.nahm1
410 Views, 7 Replies

Issues With Loading Door Families: Revit Tutorials Part 6

I am having issues with loading families. I am following along with the tutorials & am working on this one now: https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVTLT/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-6CA4C036-034D-4410-A3AB-5CBC492C3A83

I am very new to Revit & have no idea what I am doing, but when following the prompts exactly, my files are not behaving like those in the Tutorial prompts & video.  When selecting the correct files, I have checked them to be sure, the am getting a message to 'verify the correct file name was given.' An image is attached of the message I am getting. What the heck am I doing wrong?  Any assistance is helpful. 

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: liz.nahm1

You said that you´re following a tutorial about placing door families, but your screen capture shows the sketch of a toposolid in progress. What is the relation between the two topics?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8
syman2000

You are inside sketchmode. So loading the door family into the sketchmode will give you error. First finish the topo solid creation and then proceed with loading the door family.

syman2000_0-1697758898678.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 8
liz.nahm1
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I am following the tutorial.  The doors have not been added yet per my post title. 

Message 5 of 8
liz.nahm1

After closing the computer down overnight, loading the door families worked just fine. It may have been due to the files still being in a zip folder? I did extract the files before shutting down last night, thinking that could have been an issue.  

Message 6 of 8
mhiserZFHXS

No, you were in sketch mode, as was said. That has nothing to do with loading or placing doors, so I have no idea how you got to that point.

Message 7 of 8
ToanDN

@liz.nahm1 wrote:

After closing the computer down overnight, loading the door families worked just fine. It may have been due to the files still being in a zip folder? I did extract the files before shutting down last night, thinking that could have been an issue.  

Yes you need to extract the zip to an actual folder in order to load the family file.  That is the issue with the file name warning that you have.  Sketch mode is also an issue but it is not directly related to the warning.

Message 8 of 8
liz.nahm1
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes. It wasn't an issue with the project & template files, but it was a problem for loading the families. Just extract them right away dummy😜

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report