Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Regarding to Structural Framing Family and its Hidden lines.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
TalBrami
509 Views, 8 Replies

Issue Regarding to Structural Framing Family and its Hidden lines.

Hallo,

Lately in one of my projects I had to model each one of the beams as Families. (See Picture 1)
They are actually all a copy of the first beam but with little changes like locations of voids for breakthrough.

The problem came when I needed to see these beams from the level above with the floor plate on them, as hidden line (Under the floor). Some of the beams showed up nicely like expected, but two stubborn ones showing up as normal lines, Even if they are located the same under the floor - all Heights, Materials, Templates are the same. in the Pictures 1 is the working one, and 2 is the Problematic. (See Picture 2)

I looked everywhere on the model's VG to understand what is the reason. Then I Tried to check inside the Beams Families. they are completely the same except these two options missing from the VG check boxes.
I have no idea why it happened and tried to look maybe the Family parameters are different but they are exactly the same. (See Picture 3)

Would very much appreciate if someone can help me figure out where is the problem.

Thanks!
Tal

Labels (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: TalBrami

I can guess or I can look at you file and tell you exactly what's going on. Can you post the file? 

Message 3 of 9
TalBrami
in reply to: barthbradley

Sure, Attaching the two Beams Families here.
The main model I cannot share I'm afraid.

Message 4 of 9
barthbradley

@TalBrami wrote:

Sure, Attaching the two Beams Families here.
The main model I cannot share I'm afraid.

Without the Project, I have no way to help you.  Families are identical.  

TYPE 1.pngTYPE 2.png

Message 5 of 9
ToanDN

Cut and paste aligned in place.

Message 6 of 9
TalBrami
in reply to: barthbradley

Apparently not, As I showed on Picture 3.

Their VG are different. (Attaching)

Message 7 of 9
TalBrami
in reply to: ToanDN

Didn't quite understood what you mean.

Message 8 of 9
ToanDN

Select the beams with wrong hidden lines, cut (ctrl + x) then paste aligned in place. All clipboard tools are on the modify tab of the ribbon. 

Message 9 of 9
TalBrami
in reply to: ToanDN

It worked!
Thank you!

So its a Bug...?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report