Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue importing .obj into Revit 2023

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
alan.dykes
307 Views, 7 Replies

Issue importing .obj into Revit 2023

Hi, 

I have an issue, wondering if anyone knew the cause, not I am attempting to import and .obj file and I keep getting this error 

alandykes_0-1722007317547.png

I know the .obj file is okay as I have opened in another software to check, just wondering if anyone knows what might cause it, probably a simple one, but its got me stumped, it seems to do it with all .obj files I've tried.

Thanks

Alan

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: alan.dykes

obj to dwg to rfa to rvt

Use 3DS Max to create the dwg file from the obj file.

Message 3 of 8
alan.dykes

so I starting a new Generic model family and tried to import the .obj and same error

alandykes_0-1722009599124.png

its a bit strange as it seems to only be me with the issue, other people in the team seem to have imported okay 

Message 4 of 8
barthbradley
Message 5 of 8
robert2JCCH

Silly question, does the Expanded dialogue provide more information?

Message 6 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: robert2JCCH
Message 7 of 8
robert2JCCH
in reply to: barthbradley

Yep, I was just curious if the expanded dialogue offered any clarification on if it might be a file format issue, a geometry definition issue, a file permissions issue, etc...

Message 8 of 8
alan.dykes

Thanks for replies, So the expanded dialogue gave nothing at all, no clue to why it wasn't working. I did manage to get them imported, strangely it worked after opening in Recap photo first them import, materials were not applied, but this I think is sorted in 2024 version now, I just applied the material myself. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report