Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Lasso Selection Tool of some sort in this program or an add-on?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
951 Views, 7 Replies

Is there a Lasso Selection Tool of some sort in this program or an add-on?

What the title says...I am looking for a Revit version of AutoCAD'S lasso selection tool. Can someone please point em in the right direction? Also, if there isn't one out there can someone or the Dev's please create one? It is really asinine to manually select or tab select a hundred different object to move one wall 2 inches. Thank you.

Clell Hanson

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

No there is no lasso selection tool.

Not sure what you are trying to do that you need to select so many items to move a wall. But probably there are other ways/tools (or combinations of tools) to get to where you need to be.

If you think the lasso selection tool would be  a useful addition to Revit (I personally never missed it) post your idea in the IDEAS section

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

thank you.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

And basically i am trying to move all of the walls throughout a building to fix a measurement error  at 2 different points not in the same axis. Also this is helpful if your client wants to remove 1 ft of space on 1 corner of a building but not touch a specific room or corridor. Thank you again for your response.

Message 5 of 8
barthbradley
Message 6 of 8
bill_gilliss

Try Polygon Select:

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=4391834665520444603&appLang=en&os=Win64

Haven't tried it, but it sounds like what you want. Apparently a Window (not Crossing) polygon is used.

Message 7 of 8
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

It is really asinine to manually select or tab select a hundred different object to move one wall 2 inches.

Yeah, who would do that?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 8
bill_gilliss
in reply to: RobDraw

I use multiple windows, crossing or not, with SHIFT to keep adding to the selection set.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report