Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible edges

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
635 Views, 3 Replies

Invisible edges

I a making a generic parametric family consisting of nested extrusions. How can I make the edges of joining faces invisible?

mradosovska_0-1608997753756.png

mradosovska_1-1608997963432.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan_eu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Edit your family and:

1. Use Modify / Join on everything (it must wit the same material and same alignment)

2. Use Linework (LW - shortcut) and select <invisible lines>. So click on every line you don't want to see. 🙂

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: alan_eu

1. these are panels that need to parametrically behave differently - is is ok to "join" them?

2. I am in a family editor - is the LW supposed to work? it does not...

Message 4 of 4
alan_eu
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Yes, just do it 🙂

2. oops, my bad... we can´t use LW inside family, but still could use it inside the project on the same Families 

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report