Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal origin problem after update

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
agishUUVVL
3039 Views, 33 Replies

Internal origin problem after update

While working on a project this morning I decided to close it and install 2 Revit updates. Now that the updates are installed it seems to have moved my project off of the internal origin and I cant get it to go back. I have the project base point and survey point set correctly but all my plans are zoomed way out even if I have the crop view on because of the internal origin.

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
barthbradley
in reply to: agishUUVVL

I think the assumption that is because of the internal origin is wrong, since The internal origin is fixed and hidden and cannot be moved.  It looks to me like you have elements far apart from each other.  You may have accidently moved something.   

Message 3 of 34
ToanDN

Do you have Revit links? A new update turns on linked PBP and SP by default. You need to turn them off.
Message 4 of 34
agishUUVVL
in reply to: barthbradley

That was my assumption too. I checked to make sure none of the elements in the project have moved and I have nothing anywhere near the internal origin now. Also before the updates I was never able to see that green and red arrow and now suddenly it is showing.

Message 5 of 34
agishUUVVL
in reply to: ToanDN

Only links I have are 2 CAD links. I checked there location and they are still located in the right place and just to make sure they weren't causing the problem I unloaded them and nothing has changed.

Message 6 of 34
barthbradley

What happens when you select the PBP, Unclip it, right-click on it and press MOVE TO STARTUP LOCATION?

Message 7 of 34
agishUUVVL

It moves the base point back up to the internal origin but doesn't move anything else

Message 8 of 34
barthbradley

The purpose of the exercise was to find the Internal Origin. That's it.  Is it now sitting where you thought the IO was?  

If you have elements more than 10 miles from the PBP Startup Location (a.k.a. the Internal Origin), then this can cause issues.  Don't know if it's related to your specific issue. It's just a troubleshooting step.  Like I said, it appears that you  have elements in your project that are separated by a great distance.  

Message 9 of 34
agishUUVVL

Yes, that green and red arrow where the base point is now are representing the internal origin.

Message 10 of 34
agishUUVVL

Ill do some more trouble shooting and see if an element got moved far away somehow.

Message 11 of 34
agishUUVVL

For anyone that is following this, I have been trying to figure out my problem all day and I can now confirm I have absolutely no idea what the problem is. I opened a few old projects and some of them now have this weird origin issue. Doesn't make any sense why I can now see the internal origin arrows and why in some projects it is way off my project base point but some still show everything at the correct location. Might I add that every one of these projects were fine until I updated Revit this morning.

Message 12 of 34
barthbradley

@agishUUVVL wrote:

Doesn't make any sense why I can now see the internal origin arrows 

What are "internal origin arrows"?   

You might try disabling add-ins.  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/H...

Message 13 of 34
ToanDN

Uncheck Internal Origin under Site category.
Message 14 of 34
barthbradley

Bravo, @ToanDN!  That's gotta be a Solution Credit.  

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous

Yes, but this only solves it for the current view. You have to go through all your views and turn this off unless there is a way of globally unchecking the box for all views. Only after the update.

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Exactly. This is an absolute joke from Autodesk. Without question this should be a global setting within each project NOT something you have to turn off for every single view. Comedy levels of shortsightedness. Do any or have any of their programmers actually ever worked at the coalface seeing what kind of major time consuming issues this sort of nonsense causes.

Message 17 of 34

I hope there will be a fix soon. some of us have hundreds of views in a large multidisciplinary project. This is making it almost impossible to select a view in a sheet. This not just an inconvenience it has serious cost and time implication. I hope Autodesk have insurance cover.

Message 18 of 34
Message 19 of 34

turning off the site>internal origin work for one viewport.  How do I turn off all viewport that seem to have spawned,  many viewport over many projects?????  Autodesk needs a fix.  It should be a global feature.

Message 20 of 34
ToanDN
in reply to: charles.wermers

See #18.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators