Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intance parameter: Lock

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
XXalessio.amodioXX
660 Views, 6 Replies

Intance parameter: Lock

Hi all,
I would like to know how lock parameter after filling them out e.g. Room Name.
During modelling process it may happen that some user, mistakenly in schedules, can modify the parameters.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I think you and I are on two different wavelengths (e.g. workflows).  How are you dong yours?  

Message 3 of 7

the only way you can do is to pin them. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 7

I use workset too . I prefer to have in model Architectural and Structural + Linked discipline models in proper worksets.

By the way I believe a good solution can be a Key schedule (e.g. Room) in this way its parameters cannot be modified in schedules but only in the Key schedules. I think that can prevent erroors.

Message 5 of 7
dngkec
in reply to: XXalessio.amodioXX

I would recommend you to follow this workflow.

1. Lets say we are creating a door family and I want door height and door width to be scheduled in my project. For this ill create 2 reporting parameters (after making them instance) both parameters will be shared parameters. Say DOOR HT and DOOR WD ( I will recommend you to place these parameters under different group other than dimensions)

2. Once two shared parameters are created I will create two more instance parameters naming them Door HT and Door WD ( these parameters will be family parameters no need to make any shared parameters) i would recommend you to put these parameters under dimensions group.

3. Now I will put my values for Door.HT and Door WD.

4. Now I will assign family instance parameters Door HT and Door WD to respective dimensions in family geometry at the same time I will assign my reporting parameters DOOR HT and DOOR WD to the same geometry.

5. Now reporting parameters will report value of Door HT and Door WD parameters.

6. Load family inside the project. Create a schedule for door and add shared parameters DOOR HT and DOOR WD into the schedule field.

now you will have locked values in schedule but u can change the values in model with the help of family parameters .

if you find this answer helpful don’t forget to report it as a solution. Many thanks 

Message 6 of 7
XXalessio.amodioXX
in reply to: dngkec

Hi, it is a good idea but I would like to have parameters locked in schedule and model. Is is possible?

Message 7 of 7
dngkec
in reply to: XXalessio.amodioXX

Hi there.  

I would never freeze any instance parameters because in doing so it wont serve the purpose.

if u just want To freeze the parameters put same values in formula section.
I am hoping you already knew this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators