Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generatives Design, basics?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Andreasdraxl
536 Views, 4 Replies

Generatives Design, basics?

Hello dear Reviter,

I would like to familiarize myself with the topic of generative design . There are very impressive videos, unfortunately the content remains very diffuse. It is suggested to master Dynamo, Python and the Revit-API (2021) to a balanced extent.

Are there any documents on the topic of generative design, e.g.: .pdf / event. Books? 

Or are there also instructions (e.g. blogs) from SuperUsers in Revit 2021?

Or does anyone know of offices that use it?

I look forward to information and links

KR

Andreas 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas
Revit 2022
Dynamo 2.12.0.
Navisworks 2022>IFC4
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Andreasdraxl

Generative design is a very broad term which can be applied to a lot of things. So better would is to know what you want to accomplish and then look for the things need how to come there. Things like Revit Dynamo or just some of the tools that can be used in generative design. If you are interested in the theory or understand how it is done than you would be best of with a book on generative design in genral

People have been using Dynamo in Revit for this because within Revit nothing else was available. You can google for project Refinery, because that was the beta program of generative design that seems to be slowly become incorporated in Revit. HERE and article with how generative design can be used in architecture. And HERE and article about project refinery. I have not installed Revit 2021 so do not know what is in there.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
loboarch

You can take a look at this topic cluster in Revit Help to get you started down the right path. There are a number of conceptual topics as well as videos showing how to use the generative design panel in Revit 2021.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2021/ENU/?guid=GUID-492527AD-AAB9-4BAA-82AE-9B95B6C3E5FE

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 5
Andreasdraxl
in reply to: loboarch

is there a licenze issue?is there a licenze issue?

2020-05-15_15h50_18.png

Need i a lizence?  I use revit in student version, for now. 

Right now i want pay for generative desgin licence, because i don`t know for what can i use it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas
Revit 2022
Dynamo 2.12.0.
Navisworks 2022>IFC4
Message 5 of 5
loboarch

Generative Design in 2021 does require a license. The student license of Revit will not give you access. The topic cluster I referred you to describes how you can work with generative design techniques WITHOUT the actual tool found in Revit 2021.  You can use Dynamo to do basically the same things. the Generative design tool automates some of the scripting used in generative design workflows.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2021/ENU/?guid=GUID-BA7949DA-C2F8-4B00-9EC0-16180E0A6663

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report