Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance parameter on title block

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jacques
2945 Views, 10 Replies

Instance parameter on title block

Is there any way to add shared instance parameter to a title block? We have managed to add yes/no parameter to the title block. But what we want to do is add a series of instance parameter that can be scheduled and exported. Any ideas how?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: jacques

Sure.
- Open the titleblock family, add labels and add shared parameters to the labels
- Load the titleblock family in project
- Add the same shared parameters above and assign them to Sheets category

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
bmutert3
in reply to: ToanDN

Your workflow is extremely vague, can you elaborate on this please?

Message 4 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: bmutert3

Which of the three-step workflow is vague?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
bmutert3

I figured it out. Everyone learns differently. I am more visual, step-by-step.

Manage tab - Project Parameters - Select the "Project Title" parameter - Modify - Set parameter bubbles to "Instance" - Select Sheets under Categories

Now you have an Instance Parameter instead of a Type Parameter for this line item in your titleblock

Message 6 of 11
dm0144

@ToanDN 

How do I add instance label so I can type custom text on each title block?

My field for new shared parameter is grayed out.

Message 7 of 11
RDAOU
in reply to: dm0144

@dm0144 

Create a shared parameter file first or browse/assign it if you have one already

sp.jpg

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 8 of 11
dm0144
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU Hi.

Currently, I am trying to add only date label to a title block but the Revit parameter includes time as well.

1. Is there a way to modify the system parameter in Revit, specifically the date?

2. How can I create a new parameter that displays the date only? 

I created a shared parameter (new text file->new group->new parameter) for this purpose but, it didn't work for me. In the family editor, only the sample value is displayed while, in the project nothing is displayed, nor can I type manually the date.

Message 9 of 11
Martijn.Pater

Use Sheet Issue Date parameter instead of date/time stamp...

Message 10 of 11
dm0144
in reply to: Martijn.Pater

@Martijn.Pater I don't know why it displays random date.

Message 11 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

As mentioned above in this thread, do not use the Date / Time Stamp property, use Project Issue Date, or Sheet Issue Date, depending what you want to do. The Time Stamp is used for other purposes, outside of the margins, in a tiny font, usually along the File Path property. The Sheet Issue Date property can be scheduled in a sheet list schedule. No need to create a shared parameter for that.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators