Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance parameter on title block

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jacques
3087 Views, 10 Replies

Instance parameter on title block

Is there any way to add shared instance parameter to a title block? We have managed to add yes/no parameter to the title block. But what we want to do is add a series of instance parameter that can be scheduled and exported. Any ideas how?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: jacques

Sure.
- Open the titleblock family, add labels and add shared parameters to the labels
- Load the titleblock family in project
- Add the same shared parameters above and assign them to Sheets category
Message 3 of 11
bmutert3
in reply to: ToanDN

Your workflow is extremely vague, can you elaborate on this please?

Message 4 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: bmutert3

Which of the three-step workflow is vague?
Message 5 of 11
bmutert3

I figured it out. Everyone learns differently. I am more visual, step-by-step.

Manage tab - Project Parameters - Select the "Project Title" parameter - Modify - Set parameter bubbles to "Instance" - Select Sheets under Categories

Now you have an Instance Parameter instead of a Type Parameter for this line item in your titleblock

Message 6 of 11
dm0144

@ToanDN 

How do I add instance label so I can type custom text on each title block?

My field for new shared parameter is grayed out.

Message 7 of 11
RDAOU
in reply to: dm0144

@dm0144 

Create a shared parameter file first or browse/assign it if you have one already

sp.jpg

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 8 of 11
dm0144
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU Hi.

Currently, I am trying to add only date label to a title block but the Revit parameter includes time as well.

1. Is there a way to modify the system parameter in Revit, specifically the date?

2. How can I create a new parameter that displays the date only? 

I created a shared parameter (new text file->new group->new parameter) for this purpose but, it didn't work for me. In the family editor, only the sample value is displayed while, in the project nothing is displayed, nor can I type manually the date.

Message 9 of 11
Martijn.Pater

Use Sheet Issue Date parameter instead of date/time stamp...

Message 10 of 11
dm0144
in reply to: Martijn.Pater

@Martijn.Pater I don't know why it displays random date.

Message 11 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

As mentioned above in this thread, do not use the Date / Time Stamp property, use Project Issue Date, or Sheet Issue Date, depending what you want to do. The Time Stamp is used for other purposes, outside of the margins, in a tiny font, usually along the File Path property. The Sheet Issue Date property can be scheduled in a sheet list schedule. No need to create a shared parameter for that.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators