Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance Not Cutting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
568 Views, 4 Replies

Instance Not Cutting

Hi! So I made two Door Families and I want to nest Family 1 into Family 2 however I get this issue "Instance(s) of Gate Family (Single Leaf) not cutting anything". I can nest one instance, however when I nest another one and align it to the reference lines, it gives me that error.aa.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Ahmed_Muharram
in reply to: Anonymous

could you share the file?

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

I'm sure that you think you posted the best of the best to illustrate the issue you are having. Unfortunately, those illustrations don't help us a bit.  How about posting your RVT?  Can we see that, or is it proprietary? 

Message 4 of 5
Samantha-G

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for the question.  Doors can be very difficult to work with.  I think the problem may be that your panels are not the right family category.  The panels will not be on the door category, Generic Model that is not hosted will work, being on the door category is why they are looking to cut something.  

I hope that makes sense.

Sam G, CM-BIM
Revit Certified Professional
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Samantha-G

Haven't tried this as I found a workaround. I just place individual instances of panels into a wall and by doing so I can somehow create a multiple panel gate. Much easier than making a multiple panel gate family.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators