Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
335 Views, 3 Replies

Installation problem

Hello,

I have a problem installing Revir on my computer.

I've brought a licence (monthly licence) which is under the following email adress : franckchabanol@gmail.com.

I have installed Revir and I've been able to use it correctly.

However, as my computer was a little bit slow, I thought it could be a good idea to run CCleaner. I guess this was not a good idea as it removed something from the "Startup" folder and now, I'm unable to make the software to work.

I have tried to repair Revit, but it didn't helped.

I have tried to remove Revir and reinstall it, but it didn't helped neither.

The problem seems to come from the DesktopApp, which I am unable neither to uninstall, to reinstall or to make working.

When the system start (Windows), The DesktopApp shows some error messages and seems to search for :

- Configurations.XML

- Configurations-Staging.XML

- Configurations-Developpement.XML

Could you please help me and tell me how can I totally remove everything and reinstall it from scratch?

Thanks for your help,

Franck

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Depending on the OS you have installed the method may slightly vary. In my signature below there is a link which takes you to Autodesk Knowledge Network with detailed instructions on how to perform a  CLEAN UNINSTALL

After you are done; you may either Download and Re-install Revit...either from Virtual Agent or from your Autodesk Account Management  (Link to virtual Agent can also be found in my signature below as well as other useful tools which you may require during the clean uninstall (ex: MS FixIT for windows 7/8 and IOBIT for windows 10)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Hi,

It took me a long time to clean the registry but finally it seems to work
after reinstalling everything.

In fact the main trouble was that de desktop app was launched at the
windows session start but nothing seemed to happen.

When I tryed to launch a revit LT sesssion I systematically was asked to r
enter my serial number but nothing else happened after the connextion to my
license account was done.

Finally I tried a thing, on my account session I re-autorized myself as an
user, then restarted a revit session, same question with the serial number
but finally I was accepted as an user.

So i don't know if it was a soft trouble or an account trouble but Thank
you for your answer caus theree was surely a part of the problem in it.

Bye
Franck
Message 4 of 4
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: Anonymous

In the future, if you use a registry cleaner software like CCleaner, make sure you save a backup of your registry so you can restore it quickly. CCleaner should offer you to save a backup. 

If you want to be sure, create a Windows restore point before you start or if you are familiar with registry editor, you can export the registry. Try to read this KB: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators