Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install multiple Suites in one packaged Deployment?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
288 Views, 2 Replies

Install multiple Suites in one packaged Deployment?

Hello,

I have network BDSP 2017 and Network Revit (was Revit Architecture but are now full Revit with the 2017 switch). Our new 2017 Network license now no longer works for our installed Revit Architecture 2016/15/14 as the new network license is for 'Full' Revit. So long story short I need to uninstall Revit Architecture from the machines and then install the Revits in the BDSU 2016/15/14 as they are 'Full Revits' and will work with the new network license. 

Can I create a Deployment of BDSU 2016, 15, & 14 containing only the full Revits and then a Deployment of the Whole BDSU 2017 which then installs all of the previous suites as well? 

I've tried creating a deployment of BDSU 2016 and then a Deployment of BDSU 2017 and under the 'Included Software' section adding the Setup.exe from the 2016 deployment to test to see if this would install the 2017 suite and then the 2016 suite however this didn't work. 

Next up I am going to test a Batch file to install 2017 and then 2016 and then 2015 and so on. Either way does anyone know of any better methods to use? There is a large number of machines to install to (30+) and I need to do this in as little time as possible. 

Any help would be massively apreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

I advice you to post your question in the installation & licensing forum. Better chance to get a good answer.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
dthede
in reply to: Anonymous

I would think that the installation order indicated by your batch file, should be reversed, so that older major versions are installed before newer major versions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators