Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a Sketchup Model into Revit 2020 family, cant remove Geometry Lines

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2014 Views, 2 Replies

Importing a Sketchup Model into Revit 2020 family, cant remove Geometry Lines

Hi I am a student learning Revit, I have been trying to import some 3D objects into Revit 2020 from Sketch up and Rhino, I have gone into sketchup explode the object and created layers export as a dwg.

In revit I have created a new family (furniture) import the saved dwg file, it appears as this wireframe object and I am unsure of how to change this. I have tried a few different file types and they all appear like this. I have tried a few different things while exporting the file in Sketch up, saving as version 6, in options selected to retain faces, or faces, edges, construction geometry that looks like wireframe. 

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

I would go about it a little differently. Import the SKP into AutoCAD (via "Import SKP" addin) and modify there. Then insert the dwg into Revit. 

Message 3 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

you can try this > open a Metric Furniture.rft as shown > import your furniture as .dwg > change your visual style: shade / realistic > saveas > give family name > load into your project (become loadable family) and see if helps. thanks

fur.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report