Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illuminance Render appears wrong

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1026 Views, 4 Replies

Illuminance Render appears wrong

I rendered a plan and a perspective view with the Illuminance Cloud rendering tool.

I followed this tutorial: Illuminance Rendering Tutorial

The settings are: 

Date: 21 March 2017 (Spring Equinox)

Time 12:00

Sky model: CIE Overcast Sky

DNI:800 W/m2

DHI:125 W/m2

Units: Lux

Legend: Automatic

The render of a perspective view appears blue (dark). However, the same area appears yellow(bright) on the plan rendering for the same settings.

Recycling_Facility_2017_no_lights.rvt_2017-Feb-17_10-48-39PM-000_0.5_Lobby_3.jpgRecycling_Facility_2017_no_lights.rvt_2017-Feb-17_10-56-20PM-000_0.5_3D_Top_View.jpg

This is wrong as the lighting is different in each view. 

The odd thing is that I don't have any artificial lights in the scene, therefore the perspective view correctly appears dark. That means that there is something wrong with the plan view. What can I do to fix it?

I have attached the 2 renderings.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

1. check the Solar Analysis site and make sure you have the latest  release of LAR
  2. Try to set the analysis plane height to 1 (minimum)
  3. Make sure to have the camera in Rendering scoped to the boundaries of the room as much as possible. The render optimizes the range predominant in the view, so if you have a lot of points outside the building, the higher values will be optimized and have lower resolution in the lighting range.

hope the above helps 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 5
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Good to see that the issue has been resolved... it would be nice if u could upload and share the new renderings 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

The solution to this was actually the way that the camera is set in Revit. 

Initially I set up the camera by :Cube > Context menu > Orient to view > Floor Plan.

This was wrong as it technically creates a section box and illuminance renders do not work with a section box. This is why I got uniform radiation in the plan rendering. It was actually rendering the plan as there was no ceiling.

The correct way to set the camera was to create a orthographic camera, and then click the Top of the cube and create the plan cut using the eye elevation option on the properties panel, under camera settings.

This is what the final image should look like.

0.5 Mix Light.jpg

To be honest, still this isn't accurate but it as close as I could get to the actual distribution of light.

Message 5 of 5
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback...it will help many others I'm sure...especially that one rarely finds questions and solutions on LAR on this forum 🙂

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report