Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant find to add in project the component that i created

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
alexandresynth
342 Views, 6 Replies

I cant find to add in project the component that i created

Hello guys, I created this lintel component but as soon as i finish i cant find in the component list, can sobody help me please?

Component - Lintel.png

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

New informations:

I wanted to be able to during the development of the project be able to acess "Components>Place a component" and add again in the project a component that i already created, exactly like blocks works in AutoCAD, that despite we might have deleted a block from the screen we can add it again by typing "Insert", but I realized that despited created, if i delete the component from the screen the component it goes away completely from the project. 

Message 3 of 7

I want my component be shown here, is is possible?

Component - Lintel 2.png

Message 4 of 7

This is not a block as per AutoCAD unfortunately, this would need to be a Family to repeat a similar process.

You create an in-place element when your project needs unique geometry that you do not expect to reuse, you can create multiple in-place elements in your projects, and you can place copies of the same in-place element in your projects.  Unlike system families and loadable families, however, you cannot duplicate in-place family types to create multiple types...

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 7

OK, I am starting to understand the logic...

So if i create-in-place component and i select it and press "delete" in my keyboard its gone forever and the only way to restore it is using Ctrol+Z?

For you to understand what i want, i am trying to do is create the Lintels...

Here in Russia, lintels have a specific size, I cant create a random size lintel, there is a table based in norm that i need to follow.

I want create this lintels in my project so i can chose each pre-stablished size lintels and add them in each door and i want be able to use schedule to count in a table.

What is the better way for me to do it? Create a family?

But the problem is...If i create a table i want want the lintel have parameters that gives the possibility to change it size, because as i told you the lize of lintels are pre-definied by norm, for example the size is 1,30x0,12x0,15 I dont want anyone (including me by accident) be able to change this size. And the second point is, if i create a family for the lintels, in what cathegory i put it? because the problem is that when i create a count table it will bring all the objects from that family and not only the lintels, for example, if I set the lintels family as "beams" when i generate a count table it will bring all the beams in project and not only the lintels. That is why i abandomned the idea of family, i didnt find a specific cathegory for lintels, then i decided that the best idea was create a component.

What do you suggest?

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: alexandresynth

Lintels are better created using a family with instance parameters to control their dimensions, not in place components.  You can also use structural framing (beam) for lintels.

Message 7 of 7
alexandresynth
in reply to: ToanDN

Frame is a bad idea for lintels, because frame behavior Revit wants me to grow the size of the lintel just by dragging the mouse, which is bad, because here in Russia lintels have a very specific size based in a table, when u architect want to buy lintels to your building you just give the code of the lintel by the table and it will be delivered to you with the specific sizes.

About the idea of family with parameters you are right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report