Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can´t use Revit

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Lucrereal
922 Views, 11 Replies

I can´t use Revit

My machine is a Intel Corel i7-7700K 4.20GHz, 64 Gb Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 , and I have some Autodesk products for example Revit 2018, 2019 y 2020.

I use Revit 2018 and 2020 very well

But sometimes ago I have the same problem in Revit 2019 and I can´t use it.

I open it, I place a wall any of the ones that comes with Revit and then I try to just install any of the libraries that comes with Revit and it tells me

"FAILED TO APPLY FAMILY PARAMETERS"

Try different templates that come with revit, with different doors, windows, columns, etc., and never let me do anything.

I attached 2 images 

I have to use for a new project 2019 and I can´t

Could you help me please!

Thank you

Arq. Lucrecia Real

Linkedin

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Lucrereal
in reply to: Lucrereal

I forgot to link the log files

Thank you

Arq. Lucrecia Real

Linkedin

Message 3 of 12
Viveka_CD

Hi @Lucrereal 

Please delete the journals, install the latest hotfix for Revit 2019  and reboot.

Check if the issue reoccurs, if not please share the journal file.

Related article: Family Parameter Requirements

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 12
Lucrereal
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hi Viveka,

Revit doesn´t work.

I deleted the Journal file, installed the hotfix and rebooted, but I have the same issue

Arq. Lucrecia Real

Linkedin

Message 5 of 12
Lucrereal

Viveka

I'm waiting for you in zoom

Thanks

Lucrecia

Arq. Lucrecia Real

Linkedin

Message 6 of 12
ennujozlagam

have you try to clean uninstall and reinstall again it could some programs files are corrupted..just saying. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 12
Viveka_CD
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thanks for the tip @ennujozlagam 

@Lucrereal  and me were able to connect and resolved the issue, with clean uninstall and reinstall in D:Drive.

Regards,

Message 8 of 12
jacobcamino14

Hi there, I have the exact same problem as this person and have tried doing a clean uninstall but I don't think it's working. How can i follow the steps to clean uninstall the program? I can't load any family (furniture, doors, anything) therefore I can't use revit.

Message 9 of 12
espenZCJHC

Hi, I got the same problem. I get errors like this every time push the "Door" or "Window" button in Architecture:

espenZCJHC_0-1661534800445.png

I have tried to delete all Autodesk files in Windows and reinstall Revit, but i still get the same error.

Please help!

Message 10 of 12
espenZCJHC

Hi, I got the same problem. I get errors like this every time push the "Door" or "Window" button in Architecture:

espenZCJHC_0-1661534970923.png

I have tried to delete all Autodesk files in Windows and reinstall Revit, but i still get the same error. I`ve also installed the latest hotfix.

Please help!

Message 11 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: espenZCJHC

Follow these steps to resolve the issue: 

1. Close all Revit Sessions on the affected machine. 
  2. Rename the following file (instead of removing the folders listed in the solution below): C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit %VERSION%\DDGraph
  3. Restart Revit. 

Alternatively: 
Copy and paste a healthy DDGraph file from another machine, where the issue is not reproducible.

If the above steps do not help, clear the content of the following folders:

• C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit %VERSION%
  • C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit %VERSION%

%USERNAME% should be your windows login name.

%VERSION% should be your Revit version.

Message 12 of 12
espenZCJHC
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you SO MUCH for both fast raspond and fantastic help! It worked renaming that file. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report