Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see my images in drafting views

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Pantaleon02
2201 Views, 8 Replies

I can't see my images in drafting views

I have Revit 2017 and i'm trying to insert an image in a drafting view...

I insert the image... I save the file... close revit and when i open it again the image is gone... the only thing left is a box with and x on it. And no image.

So I tried it in another pc with Revit 2016, and it works fine there but not in my computer (revit 2017)

The image is a JPG format.

Help?Capture.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: Pantaleon02

Do you use OneDrive cloud drive (sync'd with a local folder) to store your files?
Message 3 of 9
Pantaleon02
in reply to: ToanDN

No, I didn't use Onedrive...  The image was in a folder in my desktop... 😕

Message 4 of 9
ToanDN

Can you try again with the image in a new folder in the C: drive?
Message 5 of 9
Pantaleon02

That worked thanks!... But now I always have to put my images in a folder inside C: drive? 😕

Is this supposed to be this way? 

Thanks anyway 🙂

Message 6 of 9
ToanDN

No you don't always have to save files in a folder in C:.  It is just a test.  I think there is some permission issues when files saved in one of the User's folder under Windows 10 (Desktop is one of them).

So you can create a Project folder somewhere outside of the C:\Users\.  I suggested C:\Projects\ just for easy access but it's up to you.

Message 7 of 9
Pantaleon02

Ok... 🙂

I actually don't like to poke around in the C: drive folder because that's where all program files are... 

By inserting an image to revit, is it saving the image inside the project or not? i mean... will the image be embedded to the project file? If i but the project in a different computer will i be able to see the image? 

Message 8 of 9
ToanDN

@bluepantaleon02 wrote:

Ok... 🙂

I actually don't like to poke around in the C: drive folder because that's where all program files are... 

There are a few folders you should stay away, such as anything with Program..., Windows..., Users...  There are no harms to create new folders in C:\ but as I said, up to you.

By inserting an image to revit, is it saving the image inside the project or not? i mean... will the image be embedded to the project file? If i but the project in a different computer will i be able to see the image? 

It is supposed to work like that.

I had the same glitch on my home computer.  But when I open my file in the office computer, I have no problem seeing the images.  My office computer runs Windows 10 Enterprise and my home runs Windows 10 Home.  May be that is the reason.

Message 9 of 9
Pantaleon02

Thank you 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report