Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make spiral light fixture?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1162 Views, 8 Replies

how to make spiral light fixture?

Hi All

I am always confused with how to a spiral family. Now I have to make a spiral light fixture .... Any wanna has a clue how to do this ?

Thanks in advance.  Please see the attachment.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Sahay_R
in reply to: Anonymous

Start with the Generic Model Template

Create>>Sweep

Create a semi circle for the path. Create a long skinny rectangle for the profile when prompted. 

Once you get this solid, rotate it to an angle in the front view. Then mirror it in a side / front view. You should have a spiral.

Change the category to Lighting Fixtures

Please see attached.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 9
ToanDN

See screencast.

FYI:  your model doesn't look right from other view directions.

Capture.PNG
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Dear ToanDN Thanks so much for such a quick reply. I followed your video and made that light fixtures. Yeah ~~~

Now I got another question......

How to set up the work plan in my rvt file ? I load that light fixture in revit  then it go through  my walls.... which is not right...

Please see the attachment.

Thanks for your help. I should buy you coffee someday. 

Message 5 of 9
ToanDN

Can you move it?  If it is not hosted by the wall you can move it anywhere you want.

Message 6 of 9
loboarch

Not that it really matters since the OP got what they needed, but just for informational purposes, you can make a spiral form without the conceptual mass editor.

You can create a swept blend using a 180 deg arc and 2 profiles offset in the Y axis. Then stack these up. Not all that different from the one done with the conceptual masses but just wanted to point out an alternative that might be slightly easier to accomplish.

2017-09-13_0919.png 

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

Thanks a lot, Jeff Hanson. I tried your method. it worked very well. And the good thing to use your method is I can control the thickness of the light . 

Thank you soooo much. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry for the late reply.

I tried your method. It worked very well . And in Revit 3D View I can see the amazing light fixture. But somehow when I export my revit to Lumion, It only shows half of the light. ... I tried several times and I could not figure out why that happened. .. Anyway, if I only need to use the light fixture in Revit, it's good. Thanks a lot.

Message 9 of 9
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

I'm glad to hear that the suggested methods were helpful to you - That's our community and its great to see the experts chime in!

For Lumion to work successfully please check your system requirements

You can also check out the knowledge base HERE and try connecting with the support for specific questions.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

If you find posts have solved your problem, please click on 'Accept as solution' to help others with similar questions. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report