Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dimension to end of a non-parallel line?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mmany
6571 Views, 1 Reply

How to dimension to end of a non-parallel line?

Hello

I'm having a problem I can't solve today.  I need to dimension between the face of a wall and non parallel wall opposite it.  The non parallel wall turns a 90 degree corner, and it is at this corner that I want to measure perpendicular to my first wall.

1. Is there a way to dimension between non-parallel walls?  When you place the dimension you click on the wall at the location you want to dimension, so I don't see why Revit can't place the dimension at that point.  That dimension would be particular to that one point along the non-parallel wall...

2. I got around this by placing a reference plane and dimensioning to that, but I'd rather not do this because then if I hide the reference plane, my dimension disappears.

Is there another work around or am I missing a tool I don't know about?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
awes
in reply to: mmany

Select face, line or point of object you want to dimension to by bringing your mouse pointer near the point you want to dimension to and use tab key to find the right point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators