Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO CREATE A CURVED DOOR FAMILY

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ngurearchitect
515 Views, 8 Replies

HOW TO CREATE A CURVED DOOR FAMILY

Hi,

I want to create a curved door family to place on a curved wall. I understand the basics of family creation but create a curved door seems complex to me. 

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

just drag your door family into your curved wall?

ennujozlagam_0-1704957073094.png

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 9

Unfortunately the curvature on my walls means that solution does not work.
Screenshot (338).png

Message 4 of 9

post part of your door and wall here so we check?

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 9

Is this an actual construction project or are you just modeling something? I have never seen a curved swing door in the real world before. I can find some images of curved pocket doors, but that's not what you have here.

Message 6 of 9

@ngurearchitect wrote:

Hi,

I want to create a curved door family to place on a curved wall. I understand the basics of family creation but create a curved door seems complex to me. 

You could model a curved door as an In-Place Component in the Project to fit a specific curved Wall if you don't want to build a parametric loadable curved door Family.  That might be easier for you.  Even easier, would be to embed a curved Wall Type that was the same thickness and materials as your curved door panel and call this Wall Type "Curved Door".  😉 

curved Door.png

...I'm assuming that yours is a custom curved door since "curved" doors is not something you buy off the shelf. Am I reading you correctly? Yours are doors that will be specially built for your Project?   

Message 7 of 9

Out of curiosity, are these doors pocket or slider types? 

Can you share a picture of the real thing? 

Message 8 of 9
dan_SAA
in reply to: ngurearchitect

Maybe: https://www.c-sgroup.com/doors/acrovyn-curved-doors ?

also: dynamicfenestration.com Lamoureaux-Architects_Ocean-Bluff_VancouverLamoureaux-Architects_Ocean-Bluff_Vancouver-5

Message 9 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: ngurearchitect

The principle is the same modeling any curved elements.  You control the radius and the width based on:

ToanDN_0-1705081604079.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators