Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change railing type on deck

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tstewart
412 Views, 7 Replies

How to change railing type on deck

How to change railing type on a proposed two-level deck?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RDAOU
in reply to: tstewart

@tstewart 

Select Rail, and on the properties palette EDIT TYPE >> Duplicate 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 8
tstewart
in reply to: RDAOU

How to make the railing completely different if the various types are not listed (i.e., wood, metal, glass, etc.)?
Thank you,
TS
Message 4 of 8
RDAOU

@tstewart 

1. First You edit and duplicate the railing type
  2. Then you have to duplicate and edit the components Example:

Top Rail

RDAOU_0-1634572557326.png

Balusters

RDAOU_1-1634572741517.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN

@tstewart wrote:
How to make the railing completely different if the various types are not listed (i.e., wood, metal, glass, etc.)?
Thank you,
TS

If you have any existing project with such railing types then you can Transfer Project Standards > Railing, to bring them to you project.  If not, then create new railing type with new railing component types (top rail, handrail, post, baluster, etc...).

https://revitpure.com/blog/14-tips-to-understand-revit-railings

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
tstewart
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you and I did not want to try to design a railing.
Message 7 of 8
RDAOU

@tstewart wrote:
Thank you and I did not want to try to design a railing.

@tstewart 

you aught to ask the right question then...How to transfer railing from one project to the other NOT how to change type and create different ones!!

Message 8 of 8
tstewart
in reply to: RDAOU

Questions and Answers should be concise, so both parties understand and I'll try harder to ask the question that I really want an answer to.

TS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators