Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Discipline

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
josemukalel
49165 Views, 12 Replies

How to add Discipline

Howpb.JPG to add other Discipline Like structural or MEP

Jose George
Architectural BIM/CAD Technician
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
A KUDO is always welcomed; However, WHEN the above answer helps and/or clarifies your query; kindly mark it with ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Disciplines are hardlwired so you can't create new ones... You can create additional shared parameters to make filing easier within a discipline but you can't create a new parent discipline - would that help?

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 3 of 13

Can someone provide a Screencast, it will help me alot.

Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
A KUDO is always welcomed; However, WHEN the above answer helps and/or clarifies your query; kindly mark it with ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
Message 4 of 13

It 's not very clear for me...Do you want to add other Disciplines from the list or you want to create new disciplines?

If you want simply to add from the list ,then make a duplicate of a view and change Discipline : Properties>Graphics >Disciplines> choose from the list ....then the category will appear automatically in Project Browser...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 13

Thanks for screencast, Can i add Flooring (Finish) Plans as  Sub Discipline  under architectural Discipline .There is already Floor paln,Elevation,Ceiling Plan etc .I want to add Flooring Patten Plan

Jose George
josemukalel@gmail.com
+64 22513 0828
Message 6 of 13

I don't believe it's possible to add a new plan type.  You can add new elevation types and section types but not plan... although I'd love to be wrong about that... 

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 7 of 13

You cannot create new disciplines yourself.

Normally you would start your project using a template file matching the discipline you require

e.g. use Structural template for a Structural project this will give you the correct 'Discipline' in Project browser.

For MEP, if you do not have a template file set up, you can browse for a template.

If you use Systems-DefaultGBRENU.rte this will give you Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing folders in Project Browser

If you add Structural Floor Plans to a project created with a different template  (View Tab> Plan Views> Structural Plan) then a folder will be created called Structural Plans 

Hope this helps

AJ.
Message 8 of 13

does something like this fits you ?

Image 3.png

if it does, then have a look at my screencat:

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 9 of 13

@josemukalel wrote:

Thanks for screencast, Can i add Flooring (Finish) Plans as  Sub Discipline  under architectural Discipline .There is already Floor paln,Elevation,Ceiling Plan etc .I want to add Flooring Patten Plan

Yes, you can add as many Floor Plan types as you like.

With a plan view open, in the properties palette clieck "Edit type," then "Duplicate," then name you new Floor Plan type whatever you like.

You can then set a view template to be automatically applied to any new views created with that Floor Plan type.

Chris Needham
Whangarei
New Zealand
Message 10 of 13

i've always sorted by use of additional view parameters - wondering now if this would work better (not sure why It's never occurred to me before)... some thought required! 

Maimonides
Message 11 of 13
italonge
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

@constantin.stroescu

This didn't work for me... I'm using 2014 version, could this make some difference?

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

yes you're wrong, don't answer if you don't know
Message 13 of 13

You are a godsent. Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report