Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make the "Height" parameter in a Planting Family into an instance?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2044 Views, 4 Replies

How do I make the "Height" parameter in a Planting Family into an instance?

Hi all,

I am trying to make a scaleable 2d tree in plan. So far i have gotten everything to work by nesting the tree family into another family (both families are under the Planting Category). This works by using the preset "Height" parameter to scale the family in the project however i can't change this into an instance meaning i need to have several types to accomodate for the different sizes i want.

Is there a way to make the height parameter an instance? or is there a workaround?

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hello, you can check it here. thanks

Click HERE

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thanks!

that is awfully restrictive though (i can only use splines and it doesn't solve an unmentioned issue of scaling dwgs) and time consuming. Is there no other way to make the scaleable parameter an instance?

Perhaps through creating a new parameter and somehow giving it a formula? I tried this but i get the error telling me i can't link an instance parameter to a type parameter.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Did this ever get answered ?

Not particularly bothered whether it shows as a 3d element or not. I have also tried producing just via a detail component. However due to the detail of the 'tree' and it not being a uniform circle or recognised shape, i cannot make it parametric in terms of scale of radius.

Thanks in advance

Message 5 of 5
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous hello, ok you can try to check it HERE maybe could help ypu then. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators