Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create such a window? help

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
ahmetarmagan135
1413 Views, 15 Replies

How can I create such a window? help

How can I create such a window?

Labels (2)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
RDAOU
in reply to: ahmetarmagan135

@ahmetarmagan135 

You can create a mass >> divided into a custom pattern >> and use curtain system

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 16
ahmetarmagan135
in reply to: RDAOU

I don't understand how to draw massing lines. Can you send an image for me? step by step

Message 4 of 16
RDAOU

@ahmetarmagan135 

Custom Pattern.png

1. make a vertical surface

2. Place a ref plane parallel to it call it say (Canvas)

3. draw reference line to make the pattern you want on the Canvas plane 

4. Divide the surface u created in 1 and switch off the grids

5. Use intersects and select the ref line then click finish

I remember I have a screencast on this let me look it up and upload

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 16
ahmetarmagan135

ohh thank you very very much. so how do i turn these lines into a curtain wall?

Message 6 of 16
RDAOU

@ahmetarmagan135 .

Hmmm...several ways, Ideally you would/could use use adaptive components

If this is too much and you cannot work with adaptive components...An easier way would be to model each wall span as a Curtain Panel and sweep/extrude the mullions as part of the Curtain Panel family. The use those panels on a curtain wall without the system mullions

Message 7 of 16
ahmetarmagan135

do you have a video about it? I searched a lot but couldn't find

Message 8 of 16
syman2000

It is doable with curtainwall. You have to understand how to host Curtainwall with nested curtainwall to achieve the effect you want.

curtainwall.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 9 of 16
ahmetarmagan135
in reply to: syman2000

wonderful. this is exactly what i want. I am using revit 2017, I could not open the file. Is there a video that can help?

Message 10 of 16
RDAOU

@syman2000 

Creative and practical, but are you aware that nested curtain walls do not function well with phasing?

CW Phasing.gif

Message 11 of 16
syman2000

It should be easy to setup. All you need to do is change the angle of grid.

window.png

Next you select part of the curtainwall panel with curtainwall and then you add grids

window 2.png

@RDAOUi am aware of the shortcoming with curtainwall

Message 12 of 16
ahmetarmagan135

This way I can only use one angle. but i need more than one angle

Message 13 of 16

i am waiting for help

Message 14 of 16
ToanDN

Message 15 of 16
syman2000

Yup...this is why you select the panel and switch it to curtainwall. This way you have panel that can create new panel with new angle. See sample for 2017 version. It should let you understand how I was able to achieve multi-angle mullion. Every time you want change angle, you have to swap panel with curtainwall and then add new grid with angle.

Message 16 of 16
RDAOU

@ahmetarmagan135 

The pattern based and/or adaptive component method which @ToanDN casted remains the better option...here below is a simple method using a normal curtain wall panel. This method requires that you model the Wall to same same ratio/proportion (otherwise you will need to add more planes and parameters to constrain the irregular grid)

You should be able now with all the above methods to model that curtain wall

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators