Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighting elements with the same characteristics

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1856 Views, 4 Replies

Highlighting elements with the same characteristics

Hi, I'm trying to model the crack pattern and the state of damage of an historical building in Revit for my master thesis. In particular, in the model I need to highlight some elements (like walls, floors or windows/doors) that have different types of damages: for example with the colour red, items really damaged with pink lightly damaged and so on. I tried using filter and they're great but what I need is the possibility to turn on and off this information, like a button: for example I want to see all the walls really damaged, turn that color on and if I want to turn it off I don't want that these items become invisible, like filters seem to be doing.
I don't know if I was clear, I hope so and also that you could help me.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Why not duplicate relevant view(s) and adjust the filters where needed.

Then you only have to open the relevant view to show something else

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

That is a great idea and thank you for your response.

However my professor asked me to obtain a model from where we can obtain some informations, so for example I want to see all the damaged walls (and activate that filter) but also where all the tests (like hydraulic jack or coring) have been made and I activate that filter too but I'd like to be able also to turn off these filters and switch on something else.
The final goal is to obtain a database that allows us to obtain some crossed analytical results.
Do you think is it possible to do so? Or maybe I need to think in a different

Message 4 of 5
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

...but what I need is the possibility to turn on and off this information, like a button...

I'm seeing an application here for View Templates and Temporary View Properties.  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/3PP-REV-BIM-ASCENT/files/GUID-26BA4A52-4CBF-4E8A-B5FB-68580AF0BDBB-htm.html

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you so much! That's what I've been looking for! I'll try it out and hopefully obtain what I have in mind

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report