Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me on this kind of wall

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
238 Views, 2 Replies

Help me on this kind of wall

I've attached two pictures about the wall I want to draw in Revit.

I used to do it easily in AutoCAD. Anybody can give me ideas how to do that in Revit? Should I create new family, or there're ways to do that more efficiently?

Thanks...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Create an in-place mass from and use wall by face.  See screencast.

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 3
sam
Participant
in reply to: Anonymous

Good news! this is just as easy in Revit with a little practice! And if you want to use it again, especially in other projects, it's a breeze. You are correct that the easiest way to do this is to create a new family. To do this, click on the Architecture tab> Build Pane> Door button. In the properties box, select edit type. In the dialogue box, click "Load." select the opening that most closely resembles what you want and hit open. Then select duplicate, and hit OK. Now just place this door wherever you like. Right click it and select edit family. Go to Create tab> model pane> Opening button. Now you have a full set of tools just like in AutoCAD. Make your adjustments and select "Load into Project and Close." Now you have a family that you can use in any project. One of the things you will love with Revit is using this opening to easily create similar openings, with minimal effort. Here is an instructional to do so. To do this, just adjust the family parameters. Here is an instructional on how to do this:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/EN...

I hope this helps,

Sam Shepard
Applications Engineer

sam@cadable.com
www.cadable.com
421 W Riverside Ave, Suite 902, Spokane WA 99201

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators