Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall will not report width in the schedule

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
2555 Views, 25 Replies

wall will not report width in the schedule

Hi,

I have created a wall schedule where walls report width. All walls but one will report the width. I have checked the build up of the wall and toggled that without any luck. It still will not report. Does anybody know why?

Thanks in advance!

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Hard to guess with more detail.  Wall type?  Model in-place?  How about some pictures or a Revit file even?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Wall type is basic wall. I have just taken one wall and duplicated and created different types in the project. The width parameter is in all families but just doesn't appear in this one. missing width edit type.PNGmissing width.PNG

Message 4 of 26
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous hello, just a wild guess, can you try to cut and paste maybe 3 types of wall including the one with issue in a new file, make a wall schedule and see if the problem still persists. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi @ennujozlagam, you were right, the wall is displaying the correct width in the new project. So how do I "fix" the wall in the old project?

WIDTH ERROR.PNG

Message 6 of 26
ToanDN

What if you cut and paste aligned in place?

Toan Nguyen
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 26
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous hello, try to create a new wall type with same specs (with one has an issues) and change the old one. check your warnings too and clear them. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous

Well, copying the walls and pasting them into a new project seem to have helped with the width not showing. However, now two of the walls are in the wrong category. I have walls under different categories in the schedule and while changing them to a different category revit has left 2 walls in the old category even though the identity data shows the correct category. It is like Revit isn't quite catching up and picking up the changes on some items. Is this just a revit bug?

Also is there a way to "select all instances in project" on walls like you can on eg furniture and change the type in the Project properties? 

WIDTH ERROR.PNG

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous

@ToanDN The walls are spread out over different levels and buildings. 😕 How can I cut them all out and paste in, is there a select all walls of that type option?

Message 10 of 26
ToanDN

Select one, right click and Select all in project.

Or, highlight the type from the browser, right click and select all in project. Or high light the row in the schedule (grouped by type, unitemized), then alt tab back to the model, all walls of that type will be selected.

Toan Nguyen

EESignature

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous

@ToanDN when I dod that it tells me that I have 0 of those walls in the project even though I know for sure I have at least 4.

Also, the Properties browser is greyed out. Do I have to be in a sheet view and not in schedules window to perform this task?

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous

@ToanDN scratch that, I couldn't manipulate anything because I had the schedules window active and not my sheet view. Once I swopped windows the properties came back online and I could swop the walls over to their duplicate. However, the original trouble door is still being silly. Now it doesn't appear in the schedule at all, but it appears in the general schedule with ALL the walls. I have duplicated it, cut and pasted and it still will not appear in my schedule with headlines. Is it the schedule that is acting up then?

Message 13 of 26
ToanDN

It sounds bizarre. Can you share the file?

Toan Nguyen

EESignature

Message 14 of 26
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous Hello i think this is what @ToanDN talking about to select walls? please see screencast. thanks

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous

@ToanDN sorry but I cannot share the file.  

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous

Thanks @ennujozlagam, I know that, but that wasn't the issue in the end. The issue was that I had the schedule window open and active and that didn't allow me to access wall in the properties window. So the width of the wall is resolved, but now the wall itself is not showing up in one schedule but the other one. I really think there is something wrong with the schedule, so I'll keep digging at it. Ideas are welcome because this schedule is becoming a pain.

Cheers! 🙂

Ps, nice screencast, I enjoyed watching that. 🙂

Message 17 of 26
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous thanks. have you try to a create a new wall schedule and see if still the same issue? thanks

Message 18 of 26
ToanDN

@Anonymous are you using Multi-category schedule? Try Wall schedule for walls and Door schedule for doors.

Toan Nguyen

EESignature

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous

@ToanDN no it is a wall schedule.

Message 20 of 26
Anonymous

@ennujozlagam I did create a very basic wall schedule and it appears there, but not in the more elaborated one. The one that has headers and footers and headlines and such.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators