Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP. Cloud Render Error.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
788 Views, 8 Replies

HELP. Cloud Render Error.

Hi there,

For some reason my revit model no longer translates to the cloud for rendering (Error: -1) when there are exploded (displaced) elements.

There are no unknown/missing materials I am aware of, and I've tried going through and hiding all the elements one by one in the visualiser properties but no luck.

Does anybody know a solution?

Many thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Message 4 of 9
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

Apply the following solutions in order to resolve the error message:

1. Make sure that Revit 201# Service Pack 1 is installed, after installing check and test the Cloud rendering feature again. 

2. Check if there are any extended characters in the Windows user name (C:\users\<username>). If there are, create a new windows account without any such characters, log in using the newly created account and try using the Cloud rendering feature again

3. The message can sometimes display when attempting to use a file from older Revit versions containing RPC (Rich Photorealistic Content) - if this is the case try first removing RPC content and check if this solves the issue. Then try inserting new and updated versions of the content if available

4. Check the names of the views that you are requesting for render and make sure that there are no special characters contained in the view names (i.e. square brackets, colon symbol, semicolon symbol, etc)

5.Click HERE for more information on how to resolve problems you are having with rendering in the cloud.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hi @Viveka_CD

I tried all of your suggestions, and also deleted all the furniture in the model and set up a clay phase but it still won't upload to the cloud.

Other views upload fine, but the exploded axo (made my displacing elements) always comes up with the error.I've tried uploading it just from the [3D] viewport and as a renamed 3D viewport but neither work.

Do you have any idea what it could be?

Holly

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

UPDATE ::

After decimating my model and deleting all the furniture, links and as many materials as possible, I have narrowed it down to the following:

If background is not transparent then:

1. Creating a new phase with material overrides for everything (i.e. a clay render) can be rendered on the cloud

2. Without the new phase it still won't render.

3. The problem seems to lie with the curtain panels. When the visibility is overridden and these are turned off then it will render in the 'new' phase with all the other materials still remaining.

So my question now is this: clearly the issue lies with the curtain panels and their materiality, what could be the issue here and how do I go about solving it?

Many thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 9
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

Please try the render again by changing the phase filter. Go to the 3D view, and under properties find "phase filter" and change it to "show complete." 

Let us know if you are able to resolve the issue.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hi @Viveka_CD,

I tried changing the phase as you suggested but no luck, it is still coming up with the error -1.

I really don't know what the matter is.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

Can you send a screenshot of the error message?

Since you mentioned curtain wall error - let me research on this and get back to you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report