Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Instance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dm0144
337 Views, 4 Replies

Group Instance

Hello everyone 

Whenever I place a group into the same wall geometry, the door element of the group gets hosted to the side wall insted of the wall it is supposed to. 

To give the full context, I have 3 identical wall groups, with the same geometry and I want to have same group of openings.

The issue arises when I place the group onto the particular wall group. Then the door element gets the wrong wall host.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rob.pnc
in reply to: dm0144

@dm0144 

On what basis did you determine that they are identical? they are not...the elements' relationship (to each other and the origin of the group are different between all 3 groups 1/2/3

Message 3 of 5
dm0144
in reply to: rob.pnc

@rob.pnc   we are talking about group 000. When you move the the group, the origin of the group moves with the group as well. Why only on one instance, when placed, some elements of the group 000 get assosiated (hosted) with the side wall (the group 000 behaves differently on that praticular instance).

Please, give me profound explanation. I don't get it.

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU

@dm0144 

No access to Revit atm to give you a GIF ... but my interpretation is as follows:

1. The Group 000 when placed, it attempts to maintain relationship with adjacent walls...
  2. the offending Group #3 of wall instances seems to be a copy of group 2
  3. The origin of Group #3 has its axis flipped or origin misplaced which is causing Groupe 000 to reorient itself  and the elements therein missing their hosts

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report