Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup table with family type parameter

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
LyaisTechnical
2014 Views, 6 Replies

Lookup table with family type parameter

Hi

I am trying  to create a family with some parameter values set by a lookup table. I have tried using text to search the right value inside the table and it works nicely, the same as numeric parameters. However, when trying to search the value by a family type parameter, i can read the message of inconsistent units. I dont know if someone has tried this before or even if it is possible (in hte Revit help i can read that these parameter can be used too as para_name##other##). i would be grateful if someone could help me.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Thank you for Posting I am also searching about this!

Message 3 of 7

Family type parameters can be added to Type Catalogs. But you're trying to add it to Lookup Tables. 

Lookup Tables are for numeric values, for example, diameters of pipes.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 7
RDAOU
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

@Alfredo_Medina 

That is odd!!! maybe I am missing out on something here, but I was working on something similar earlier today as a favor for someone on this forum

Using Text non-numeric values for family Type parameters in "Lookup Tables" 

Stck Text Type Parameter.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 7

Thank you Alfredo. You are right. I confused the both concepts.

Message 6 of 7
amarkonathala
in reply to: RDAOU

#1. Do we need that excel to get the value after loaded and saved to project

#2. Can u share the excel 

Message 7 of 7
RDAOU
in reply to: amarkonathala

@amarkonathala 

It is not an excel it is a .csv (a comma delimited text file) which I assigned to open in Excel for easy editing...no secret or special recipe in it except the format of the Value being fetched...I didn't come up with that myself, you can refer to the below Autodesk Knowledge base article ...I simply used it as intended

• Do you need the CSV after it is loaded? No...after importing to the family you no longer need the csv. The family will have the values stored in the Family

• size_lookup works for both numeric and text (not only numeric)

RDAOU_2-1632945079391.png

• Lookup tables contain type data...it works for both type and instance (but it is more useful for instance parameters considering that you change these on the go...while a type parameter is pre-defined and fixed per type.

RDAOU_3-1632945267132.png

Stck Text Type Paramete1.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report