Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Parameter Values in Schedule?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4496 Views, 5 Replies

Global Parameter Values in Schedule?

Hello all,

I am currently developing a material take off work flow within Revit and am running into a bit of an issue.  I would like my instance, global parameters to populate a "Building Information" schedule.  Specifically I am trying to add a global parameter to the long side of the building, short side of the building, length of dock wall.  The part i am struggling to figure out is how to have these values be used in an autonomous schedule.

Any ideas or alternative work around would be appreciated!  I am trying to not have to enter the distances manually!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

I am trying to understand your approach.  So your material take-off is not based on the actual geometry, but the information you entered via global parameters?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I apologize for the confusion.  The actual material take offs are in fact based off of either the square footage/linear feet of the family and/or material assigned.  In addition to the material take offs, I am looking to generate a "Architectural Site Analysis" which draws its information from the model.

Within this Site Analysis Schedule I would like to include some general dimensions around the building such as long side, short side, dock wall length (I do not want to create a separate wall to serve as "10" Concrete Panel - Dock Wall"), etc. I would like to be able to assign the global parameter/label to said dimension then have the value update autonomously within the schedule.  

I hope that helps, I am happy to post some screenshots as well if this doesn't come off clear!

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

See screencast.

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Fantastic.  I may not make the additional parameter for the long side and short side since the "Length" is the dimension I want. Regardless this exactly what I needed to see/understand, thank you so very much!

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

That said, I do hope they incorporate being able to pull dimension labels/global parameters into a schedule.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report