Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glazed Canopy

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3931 Views, 4 Replies

Glazed Canopy

Hi all,

I'm looking to create a simple glazed canopy in Revit (2018) like the one I've attached. I used Sloped Glazing to define the angle of my canopy and I'm not sure how to create the supports. Is there a way to create them as a sort of mullion profile family and add them as mullions, or should I create them as a generic model family? I was hoping to find a way to create them in a way that they will be part of the canopy, so that if I change the slope angle, they will adjust to the new one and I won't have to go back in the family and edit them. Is it possible? I wouldn't want to spend too much time on it, as I just need to show design intent to the client/ structural engineer, not go into too much detail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Maria 

Designer | Architect

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BIMAbhi
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use one option to do this.

First your have to create one roof > After selection the roof go to Type Properties [Edit Type] > Change the Family form System Family: Basic Roof to System Family: Sloped Glazing.

It has the same functionalities like Curtain Wall. Now you can add mullion, as per requirement.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Thank you for the response RNDPIS.

I have created the sloped glazing already. My main issue was whether the supports should be done as mullions or as separate generic model families. In the end I made them as generic model families roof based, so they can be hosted on the roof. It works so far, I just have to go in the family and slightly change their axis, so that the sides are always vertical when I change the angle of the roof. apart from that I think it works fine. 

canopy.JPG 

Thank you,

Maria

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Maria..

How can you make that sloped glass canopy.

I am beginner.

Thank you.

Benny Wang

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous. 

Apologies for the late reply. I used the roof by footprint option (under architecture tab) and selected a sloped glazing type from the properties browser. Selected the level I'm placing it, offsets, and slope angle and drew a simple rectangle with the dims i needed. Everything else works the same way as the curtain walling. You can use curtain grid (under Architecture tab), set mullions on your grid lines, select and amend panels (glazed, solid, empty, etc). 

Now, for the supports, I created a generic model family and just modelled one of them and then loaded it in the project, copy/paste or array to place them. 

Hope I make sense.

Once again, sorry for the delayed reply.

Maria 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report