Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glass railing with clamps

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1188 Views, 5 Replies

Glass railing with clamps

Hello everyone. I am really new in Revit so i need help!. I am modeling a straight staircase with a glass railing and 4 clamps on each glass panel. I could fix panels but I can't fix the clamps! They appear even outside the glass panel. I drew the clamp on the family of glass panels and there, they look good, but when i up load them on the project appear off the axis ... I'm sure I'm missing something if someone can help me, I'll be very grateful!. I attach an image to explain it better. Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Doesn't sound like they are constrained properly. Post the family.  Lets check it out. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Thank you!. I'm really new to this, so I'm sure I made a lot of mistakes...

I really appreciate your help!!

P.S.: I hope to be exporting the family well, if you can't load it please let me know

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

A little more work than I thought.  Check out the rebuilt.  

Notice that the Clamp is now a nested family. Also notice the parameters I added. I grouped them under "Model Properties".  

Message 5 of 6
barthbradley

Important to understand here is Work Planes. Most all of the elements I placed are hosted to Ref. Line Work Planes -- some of which are hosted to other Ref. Line Work Planes.  The family would not flex properly otherwise. 

Drill down from here to learn more about Work Planes:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/EN...

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Thank a lot!!

Yes, i will review your link bellow, i need to study more to understand how families work, because it is confusing for me. Sorry for the extra job you did!! and again thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators