Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost Wall

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
491 Views, 4 Replies

Ghost Wall

Here is my situation:

In the architectural model we’ve linked the structural Revit file (this is the only model that is linked). This wall is coming from the structural model link, but when the structural model is opened the wall is nowhere to be found.

I can select it from the architectural (can’t delete it here- it’s linked in). When structural is unloaded the wall goes away - so it’s obviously not a part of architectural. Its type is Generic - 8”, which isn’t used in any other part of the project. We don't want this wall to be existing in any model because it's in the middle of a ramp

This is what I see in the architectural with structural loaded in:

jcst0001_0-1634157730997.png

In the structural, there is no wall. I create a same wall type on the side and select all in model and nothing else shows up. It’s not hidden, nothing is seen in the reveal hidden elements.

This is what is seen in the structural model:

jcst0001_1-1634157731001.png

In the architectural model the wall shows up around where the floor and foundation slab meet.

It’s not hidden in the structural model. There are no phases, We don’t think it’s a part of worksets. We did an audit. 

The answer may be obvious, but it has us stumped 😊. I've contacted the structural engineer and they aren't sure what's happening either. 

Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks

We're using Revit 2019

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 5
ToanDN

- Have you paired Phases between models.  The wall could be under a different phase.

- Tab to select the linked wall in your view and look at its properties, is Structural box ticked?  If not, the wall is not a structural wall, and you look at a structure discipline view of the structural model, then you don't see the wall.  Set the view to coordination to see and delete it.

Last but not least, ask your engineer (the author of the structural model) to fix it.  It is not you job to mess with their model. 

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

It is simple...

• When you are uncertain what it is or if it should or shouldn't be there, refer back to the person who owns it.
  • If you just want to delete it from the link...switch discipline to coordination 
  • If you are not sure and just want to display the link the way it looks in the structural model, go to VG and set the rvtLINK to display By Link instead of by host

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5
RSomppi

Also check for design options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report