Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting work out of demo mode

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
719 Views, 2 Replies

Getting work out of demo mode

So, I was told I needed to use Revit for my course, went on the website and found 'free student version, download now, it's great' or some such, and downloaded it. Soon after it came up saying I needed to activate the product, and gave no indication of how to do so, I left it for a while, then, there being little else I could do, until it came up saying my trial version had run out, and that I needed to activate right then. By then, of course, I had forgotten my password, tried everything it could have been, none of them worked, so I arranged to change it, turns out I have to change it twice, the first new password only working to change it again, so now I have had to make up some new password I will never remember, but anyway. whilst I was trying to convince it to let me sign in with my new password, I found that I could actually still get into the program, and so started work. Turns out I was working in the 'demo mode' and cannot save everything I have done, but now I have finally managed to activate the product and open the real version, but i still cannot save what I did before.

So, long story short, my work is in demo mode, I want to save it, is there any way of copying it into the real version that I can now access and saving it there?

~Oliver

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure if this will work, but open two session of Revit (one demo and one real) and cut and paste from the demo to the real. Again, I'm not sure if this will work as anything that was completed in demo mode cannot be saved. Hope this helps and thanks for posting. 

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I already tried that one, and it doesn't work. Anyway, this question is obselete now, I could not really leave my computer running for days trying new things on occasion, so I have simply accepted that I would lose the work and taken the opportunity to do it all again a bit better. But, thanks anyway for trying to help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report