Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General floor plan with buildings on different elevations

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mv2JHHXL
253 Views, 4 Replies

General floor plan with buildings on different elevations

Hey

I am working on a project where different houses each have a different elevation because of the site.

I want to have a general plan that shows all of these. Now I have to paste different crop views together in a layout to get said desired plan.

Is there a way to get it without having to make so many different views (associated with the different levels), just to make this plan?

I did also try to play around with the view depth and cut plane, but then it cuts nicely through a window in one house but not in the next... it's kind of frustrating to me, the novice ahah. Seems like I get complicated projects to start with from my boss.

image: Pieced together plan

Pieced together floor plan.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PhilvK
in reply to: mv2JHHXL

Have you tried Plan Regions?

Message 3 of 5
curtisridenour

Plan regions or use two views side by side.

Message 4 of 5
wisedrawing

Phil and curtis have it, Plan Regions is the answer, it will not take long as you can do multiple plan regions quickly, once you set the first one and set up the view range levels you can copy multiple views over the project floor area and then click through each one and drop the view ranges and cut plane each increment as you go. it does not take long in a methodical fashion. one Plan Region might cover a couple of areas if the levels are not too different and then it will take less time. 

I am a bit of a novice too and going through some of these forum posts and pasting something helps me get it all straight in my head

wisedrawing_0-1688685894251.png

Message 5 of 5
mv2JHHXL
in reply to: wisedrawing

Thanks. its nicely explained ;p.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators