Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Wall Pattern Graphics Mystery

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
skyeg321
425 Views, 7 Replies

Fire Wall Pattern Graphics Mystery

Hello everyone. Hoping to get some help solving this mystery I'm having...

I am trying to copy this effect to show fire rated walls from a project. I made a YouTube video to demonstrate the issue here:

https://youtu.be/8jmCZKqtYXw

I am using a cut wall pattern graphic override to show a specific fill pattern based on a wall instance parameter. As you can see in the original project the graphic show fairly well at different zoom levels but in my project its just not showing up right and I did try to print it to PDF and it is just showing no pattern. Does anyone have any suggestions to get this working? Or if you have a better way to do fire rated wall patterns - I'm all ears...

Thanks for your consideration.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: skyeg321

Sounds like a scale issue to me.   Drafting Pattern is too dense to show.  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Revit-C...

...just a thought: have you tried rescaling the patterns?  

Message 3 of 8
ToanDN

Overridden cut pattern via filters or by elements only work for solid and non-directional patterns.  Assign the fire tape patterns via edit Wall Types > Coarse scale pattern then they work for all wall orientations.

ToanDN_0-1652116669997.png

Message 4 of 8
skyeg321
in reply to: ToanDN

Works well enough for me. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8
ToanDN

@skyeg321 wrote:
Works well enough for me. Thank you.

Another place to look at that may fix your pattern orientations if you want to use filters.

ToanDN_0-1652117618191.png

Message 6 of 8
skyeg321

Aaaand the struggle continues. We have a section going through these bathrooms and we want that view to be set to detail level fine. Obviously the course fill doesn't work on fine detail level. I'm trying to use the filled region tool to manually put a filled region over the wall which works fine on the ceiling but not on the wall and it doesn't look like the orientation of the pattern will rotate. Setting a pattern to Orient to element doesn't make it rotate on filled region. How are you guys doing fire rated walls in section view on detail level fine?

Message 7 of 8
ToanDN

@skyeg321 wrote:

Aaaand the struggle continues. We have a section going through these bathrooms and we want that view to be set to detail level fine. Obviously the course fill doesn't work on fine detail level. I'm trying to use the filled region tool to manually put a filled region over the wall which works fine on the ceiling but not on the wall and it doesn't look like the orientation of the pattern will rotate. Setting a pattern to Orient to element doesn't make it rotate on filled region. How are you guys doing fire rated walls in section view on detail level fine?

Duplicate Wall Core Material and assign each new material's cut pattern with a fire tape pattern.  Then edit the wall types and change their core to use one of the material above.

ToanDN_0-1652133011345.png

ToanDN_0-1652133173392.png

Message 8 of 8
skyeg321

Works great. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report